The Challenge Update is now live! Compete for a highscore in the Daily Challenge, or if you're feeling more creative, design, build and share your own rooms and arenas.
This is a free update for all Time Rifters owners.
Check out our new Time Rifters: Challenge Update trailer for a preview of the new features, or just exit & restart Steam to check them out for yourself.
Join us on our Steam forums and let us know what you think.
- New 'Daily Challenge'. Team up with yourself in randomly created arenas of user created rooms.
- New 'Custom Arenas'. Play arenas created by other players via Steam Workshop.
- New 'Room Editor'. Create enemy configurations, platforms, buildings, forcefields, jump pads, triggers & wires. Your room may appear in a Daily Challenge.
- New 'Arena Editor'. Point and click to create a configuration of rooms, then share that arena on the Steam Workshop.
- Added 6 new Steam Achievements (Room Creator, Arena Creator, Arena Player, Daily Challenge x3)
- Added 'Show/Hide Body' toggle.
Virtual Reality Changes:
- Updated Oculus SDK to 0.4.3.1 Beta
- Added ability to toggle Vignette
- Reduced overdraw on explosions
- Gold now uses simpler physics
- Each enemy is 2 draw call instead of 2
- All red/white/yellow blocks draw call batch together now
- Better batching of bullet holes and weapon effects
- Occlusion culling for Daily Challenge
- Optimized performance of blocks on acid